The initial meeting between an injured individual and a Southern Illinois personal injury attorney is an extremely important one, as the lawyer will use this time to evaluate the case and its chances of winning compensation. However, this meeting can be a waste of time for everyone if the injured party arrives unprepared. If you have been hurt, it can also end up costing you money down the road, as your attorney will need more time to get up to speed on your case.
Meeting with Us
Your Southern Illinois injury lawyer needs to know your basic contact information and a bit of your personal history. Your attorney also needs to know about any potential conflicts of interest inherent in your case. Be sure to know the names of all companies, individuals, and witnesses involved in your case. If this particular injury lawyer in Illinois represents anyone else involved in your case, he or she will probably not be able to represent you.
Also bring all documents relevant to your case when meeting with our firm, including the following:
- Police or accident reports detailing your injury
- Copies of all medical, hospital, doctor and therapy records and bills
- Information about your insurance coverage
- Medical reports detailing your diagnosis and prognosis
- Information about potential future medical costs and work missed as a result of the injury
- A list of the ways in which the injury has affected your life
- A calendar listing all important dates
- All insurance correspondence and documents related to the case
Questions to Ask
Be prepared to ask a personal injury attorney in Southern Illinois the following questions:
- Are they experienced with your types of injury?
- How long have they practiced?
- What are the options regarding your case, and which would the lawyer prefer?
- How long will it take to bring the matter to a conclusion?
- How would the lawyer charge for his or her services?
- Would this lawyer handle the case personally, or pass it on to someone else in the firm?
Your Southern Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact the Illinois injury lawyers at Sam C. Mitchell & Associates today either through our convenient online form or call (618) 505-1660. Start down the road to recovery now. As experienced personal injury lawyers in Southern Illinois, we offer a free initial consultation and you pay us only if we succeed in getting you the compensation you seek.