If you have been injured in an auto accident, slip-and-fall, medical malpractice or another type of incident, you may want to seek advice from a personal injury attorney. At Sam C. Mitchell & Associates, we always offer a free consultation. Find out five things you need to know prior to your initial consultation.
1. Be Prepared for Questions
As attorneys, it is imperative to obtain detailed information from you in regards to the accident. Common questions that may be asked about an auto accident may include:
- What is your mailing address, phone number & email?
- In detail, what happened?
- Where did the accident happen?
- What was the date of the accident?
- Who was involved in the accident?
- Who was the driver of the other vehicle?
- What type of injuries did you receive from this accident?
- Did you go to the hospital? If so, where?
- Where have you been treating at and what is your doctor’s name?
- Have you ever been injured before?
- What is your car insurance?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Has your vehicle been repaired? Is so, where was it at?
- Were there any witnesses to the accident?
2. Bring Relevant Documents
A personal injury lawyer will then want to review your case. It is important for you to bring any documentation that is relevant to your injury and/or incident. Documents to bring would include:
- Police/Incident report
- Medical bills and records
- Prescription receipts
- Documents from insurance providers
- Vehicle insurance policy
- Health & Car Insurance card
- Photos regarding the accident (vehicle, injuries, fall location, etc.)
- Names of your medical providers
3. Come Prepared with Questions
Prior to your consultation, have some questions prepared that you may want to ask the attorney. Make sure to cover anything that you may have been wondering about. If you have any questions, we encouraged you to call our office during our normal office hours to speak with an attorney.
4. Viability of Your Case
After all documents and information has been reviewed by an attorney, he will have a good analysis as to whether or not you should pursue a lawsuit. Decisions are made in the best interest of the potential client.
5. Fees and Sign Documents
If you do have a case, the attorney will educate you on what to expect moving forward. At Sam C. Mitchell & Associates, we handle cases on a contingency fee basis meaning that we will only be paid for our work if we recover compensation for your injuries. The attorney will then provide you with required documents such as the fee agreement and medical authorizations.
Contact Us for your Free Consultation!
The law firm of Sam C. Mitchell & Associates has been proudly serving individuals throughout Southern and Central Illinois since 1968. We will stand by our clients from the initial consultation through settlement and, if need be, court judgement. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you in every step of the way. We will make sure everything is handled properly so you can focus on getting better. Contact us today for a free consultation!