Being injured in a car wreck or at work can be devastating to you physically, emotionally, and financially. If you are in a situation where you are injured due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. After receiving initial treatment for your injuries, the first person you should talk to is an experienced injury attorney. An attorney will advise you as to what steps you should take next and your chances of recovery. There of many law firms out there, and we advise that you do your research and talk to a couple attorneys before making your final decision. It is crucial to find an attorney that fits your needs and is right for you. Just because an attorney has “personal injury” listed as a practice area does not mean they have experience practicing personal injury law.
Important Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney:
- What areas of law do you specialize in?
- Have you handled injury cases like mine before? If so, how many?
- Do you have a history of successful results?
- How many cases have you taken to trial? What were the results?
- If I have a question will I be able to speak with an attorney?
- Approximately how long does it take to resolve an injury case?
- Does the firm take case on contingency?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law?
If your personal injury attorney struggles to answer any of these questions, you may want to reconsider hiring them. So who might be the “right” attorney? We advise you find an attorney that you can trust, has lots of experience, who truly cares about his/her clients, and who can maximize your recovery.
Sam C. Mitchell & Associates focuses and has only focused on Personal Injury cases for 50 years. We specialize in auto accidents, slip and falls, product liability, Worker’s compensation, medical malpractice and more. We have a history of success and have won over $100 million for our clients. Combined our attorneys have over a century of experience in personal injury. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, give us a chance to help you. Give us a call at 618-505-1660 or complete our online form for your free consultation.