Bad Faith Insurance Claims Lawyers in Illinois
Contact Us to Fight for You
Insurance to pay for certain kinds of losses or expenses in case certain events happen is common.
- Property insurance pays to repair or replace items that are damaged due to fire or theft
- Automobile insurance pays to defend you if you are sued for damages that you caused by driving an insured car
- Health insurance pays medical and hospital bills if you are ill or hurt
- Disability insurance replaces a portion of your income if you are unable to work
- Life insurance pays money to a person’s estate or survivors when a person dies
All insurance policies have some limits, deductibles, and exclusions. It is important to be aware of those limitations when you buy the policy.
However, if your insurance company denies a claim that you think is covered, you may have to sue to have a court determine the proper interpretation of the policy. In certain situations, an insurance company may be liable to you for losses incurred as a result of its wrongful denial of coverage.
Such losses may include:
- Attorney fees
- Interest charges
- Late fees and penalties
- Damage to your credit rating or reputation.
If the insurance company acted in bad faith, it may also be liable for punitive damages, over and above your out-of-pocket expenses and other losses.
Turn to Our Skilled Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys
Insurance companies have lawyers. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by your insurance company, you need a good Illinois bad faith insurance claims attorney on your side.
Contact Sam C. Mitchell & Associates for a free initial consultation or to learn more about our contingency fees. Call us at (618) 505-1660.